What is Old Friend?
Old Friend is the ultimate daily herbal tonic for the senior dog.
As our canines advance in years, we do our best to adapt and meet their needs at every stage of life. We spend considerable time and energy to make sure they have healthy food, exercise and stimulation. Above all, we tend to their health needs and to their comfort.
Old Friend was designed by a holistic veterinarian to support and maintain great health for your dog as he or she ages. Common to the aging process is more support required for connective tissue and joints, maintenance for the cardiovascular system, adrenal and liver support, and pancreatic and cognitive function. All animals, even those having lived healthy and vibrant lives, can experience changes in these common areas. In general, energy, movement or vitality may decline, either slightly or broadly. By supporting key body systems, your pet has a huge advantage to live life to the fullest.
What is Old Friend used for?
With youth comes the innate qualities of vigour, enthusiasm and spark. As our canine friends age, their energy and sharpness may lose the edge they used to have. Old Friend can be administered alone or added to an existing health regime. Old Friend provides additional support, suited to the needs of dogs in their golden years.
If your dog could use support in these areas, consider this product for your old friend:
- Energy levels
- Joint mobility, jumping & running
- Strong immune system
- Mental sharpness & good cognitive function
- Stable blood sugar levels
- Healthy liver
A Note from our Veterinarian...
Old Friend is designed to make a noticeable difference in the vitality of the senior canine. It supports the body systems as your pet ages.
Your pet will most likely feel an overall sense of wellbeing within the first one to two weeks of taking this product. Energy levels may change. Mental alertness and focus may allow more ability to play and have fun.
Can my dog take Old Friend with medications?
Do not use with blood thinners. May affect blood levels of certain medications or lead to alteration of thyroid hormone replacement dose. Use caution with cardiac glycosides, certain medications used in depression, and in hypertension. Monitor blood sugar if using blood-sugar-lowering drugs, as some herbs may lower blood sugar. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Old Friend comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why choose Old Friend for your canine?
- Certified organic and selectively sourced: This formula is entirely prepared from herbs that are: organically grown, cultivated in the U.S., or selectively imported from trusted sources.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of Old Friend is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- GMP Facility: Consumers are protected because we ensure that the highest standards of manufacturing are strictly adhered to.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in the United States.
Who makes Old Friend?
Old Friend is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honoured, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
What is Agile Joints?
Agile Joints was formulated to address mobility and help maintain a normal range of motion in canine joints. Older pets in particular may benefit from extra support. It is common for our pets to require additional support for joints and connective tissue.
From our wholistic veterinarian... "In my practice, almost all the pets over the age of ten need some degree of support to maintain normal cartilage"
What is Agile Joints used for?
Appropriate for all joints. Commonly used for shoulders, hip, knees, ankles, elbows and vertebrae. This proprietary blend of herbs works effectively to support the physiology of the joint tissues in all canine sizes and breeds.
The joints of the body are made up of the bones of the joint, cartilage that covers the ends of the bones, ligaments and a joint capsule containing synovial fluid. This fluid works to lubricate the joint and works as a shock absorber when your pet walks, jumps and plays. All of these components need to be comfortable and working smoothly for the healthy function of the joint. Additionally, normal circulation into these areas helps to transport nutrients in and take waste products out.
Agile Joints nourishes the components of the joint tissue by supporting all the parts of the joints. Free radical formation can affect the joint.
Does my dog require joint support?
Dogs frequently benefit from joint support. If your pet has a reluctance to stand up or climb stairs this is a good indication.
Watch for these:
- Your dog favours one side of his body
- Less interest in food
- Aversion to being touched or petted
- Your dog has less interest in activities he previously enjoyed: running, swimming, playing, etc.
Large canine breeds tend to need joint support more often than smaller breeds. This is most likely attributable to the extra body weight putting additional stress on the joints. What is less clear is why purebred dogs – particularly males – often need support than mixed breeds.
There is no way to entirely eliminate the probability that support will be needed one day. But as a pet owner, you can help by ensuring your dog gets plenty of regular exercise, without overdoing it. This will help keep your dog's joints healthy and well lubricated. It will also keep him from becoming overweight, which tends to make matters worse.
A note from our veterinarian...
- A good diet goes a long way for maintaining healthy joints and keeping weight within a healthy range. Excess weight can put more stress on the joints.
Can my dog take Agile Joints with medications?
Use caution if your pet is taking steroid medication or NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Do not use with blood thinners. If your pet is taking medications, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian before using the product.
Does it come with a guarantee?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identity and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Agile Joints is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money back guarantee.
Who makes Agile Joints?
Agile Joints is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honoured, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Pet Skin Support
Essential fatty acid support is one of the most common ways to support the health of your pet, particularly your pet's skin. A healthy pet has bright, odourless hair and skin, free of debris, grease and irritation.
Skin comfort and a shiny coat start with optimal nutrition (make sure your pet's diet agrees with him or her and there is no vomiting after the meal. Skin discomfort can also indicate that the food is not appropriate for your pet.) Pet owners should pay close attention to the pet's environment such as its bed or sleeping space which should be cleaned or changed frequently.
Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil from Pet Wellbeing is rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Our salmon oil, from pink and sockeye salmon, is sustainably caught in cold, Alaskan waters. It is triple filtered and cold-processed in a human grade, cGMP facility. The finished product is 3rd party tested for mercury and other heavy metals, PCB's, dioxins and bacteria to ensure the purest product for your pet.
Clinical veterinary research has shown that EPA and DHA from fish oil can provide rapid support for normal amounts of shedding, licking and scratching, and general skin health and comfort . These fatty acids are bio-available immediately in your pet's digestive tract (no conversion through enzyme pathways) making this an ideal, everyday supplement for your pet's coat and skin.
In addition to support for the skin, wild salmon oil also provides health maintenance for joint lubrication, and is an essential part of nutrition for a healthy heart, for brain and memory, and for a resilient immune system. Consider adding Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil to your pet's food every day.
Omega-3 Support can Help Maintain:
- normal shedding
- comfortable skin
- normal paw licking
- shiny, healthy-looking coats
- ear comfort
- normal wound healing
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honoured, traditional uses of nutritional ingredients and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.