What is Blood Sugar Gold?
This unique formula has been developed by our holistic veterinarians to help support stable blood sugar levels in cats. Using effective herbs for blood sugar maintenance, it also contains herbs to support liver and eye health. Used consistently over time, Blood Sugar Gold may assist your cat's body to maintain healthier blood sugar levels.
If your veterinarian wants to know more about this product - download the Professional References.
What is Blood Sugar Gold used for?
Blood Sugar Gold was developed to use in tandem with other protocols for maintaining healthy feline blood sugar levels, including blood-sugar-lowering medications. It is imperative to monitor blood sugar levels closely when using natural products that have an affect on blood sugar. Natural products can be surprisingly effective. How quickly your cat responds will be unique, and it is extremely important that blood sugar levels stay within a healthy range.
High blood sugar, as a primary health problem, causes a number of secondary problems to occur. These include weight gain, thirst and increased hunger, among others. With proper maintenance of blood sugar, the secondary aspects will also change.
Feline Blood Sugar
Sometimes, a cat's pancreas fails to produce enough insulin. Sugars build up in the bloodstream rather than enter the body’s tissues where they would otherwise provide energy. (This is why low blood sugar leads to lethargy.)
Excess sugar in a cat's bloodstream can lead to several other conditions, including heart, liver and kidney disease, increased infections, slow healing, cataracts, blindness, etc.
Risk factors for high blood sugar include:
- Poor diet (high carbohydrate kibble)
- Steroid treatments
- Diestrus (several cycles in one breeding season)
- Genetic predisposition
This is more common in:
- Pets fed a strictly dry kibble diet
- Middle-aged and older felines
What if your cat has high blood sugar?
If you think your cat might have high blood sugar, you should take him to a vet. A veterinarian can diagnose the issue by examining sugar levels in the cat's blood and urine.
A recommended lifestyle change usually includes a healthy species appropriate diet. If your cat is overweight, you should help him lose weight gradually through diet and increased exercise but keep in mind that strenuous exercise can increase insulin levels so ensure exercise is consistent and moderate. Conventional treatment may also include regular injections of insulin. Your cat's feeding regime will be determined when a glucose curve is done by a veterinarian. This will indicate the best time to give insulin and when to feed your cat.
Before you begin administering Blood Sugar Gold to your cat, please read and follow the cautions .
Can my cat take Blood Sugar Gold with medications?
Blood Sugar Gold may heighten the effect of blood-sugar-lowering drugs, including insulin. Monitor blood sugar levels closely if administering the product with blood-sugar-lowering drugs. A veterinarian can help to ensure optimal blood sugar levels are maintained. Please feel free to print the BSG Professional Reference and bring it to your next vet appointment, in case your vet has questions about the product.
An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to taking this product.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Blood Sugar Gold comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why choose Blood Sugar Gold for your feline friend?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Blood Sugar Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Blood Sugar Gold?
Blood Sugar Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honoured, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.