What is Healthy Gums?
Designed by a holistic veterinarian, Healthy Gums is a potent infused herbal product with added nutrients for gum and oral health: Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C and Zinc. It does not contain alcohol or harsh ingredients that can cause further irritation of the gums.
The base of this product is medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Unlike solid coconut oil, MCT oil remains in a liquid state at room temperature. This oil is known for its ability to keep skin tissue healthy and provide nutrition to the layers of the skin. Furthermore, MCT oil helps to maintain the natural immunity of the tissues, assisting the skin's barrier capability.
What is Healthy Gums used for?
Periodontal health is something every dog owner needs to be aware of once a canine reaches age two to three. Multiple factors determine oral health status and these will become more critical as your pet ages. In particular, consider the type of diet your pet eats (including treats) and anything else your pet chews.
The bacteria in the mouth (which builds up between the teeth and gums) will cause bad breath and this is a first clue that oral health needs attention. If not dealt with, the issue can lead to problems. Regular hygiene is important for the overall health and comfort of your dog.
Healthy Gums is designed to:
- Soothe gums and oral membranes
- Balance the normal bacterial growth in the mouth
Healthy Gums can be used at any time, regardless of the condition of the gums. As a good measure, use Healthy Gums intermittently to keep the oral environment balanced.
Please consult with your veterinarian for a complete oral health program if your pet shows signs of canine gum issues.
A note from our Veterinarian...
The bottom line is: maintaining good oral health supports a life of comfort, ability to eat well and get nutrition. Overall good health depends partially on good oral health for the lifetime of your pet. You can learn about routine oral hygiene specific to your pet.
Good oral health includes:
- Able to eat hard foods
- Wants to eat
- Breath is not "dragon breath"
- Teeth look white all the way to the gum
- Behaviour is normal (your dog's "normal")
Talk to your veterinarian if you notice anything in your pet's mouth or on the teeth so you can develop a plan. Healthy Gums is an excellent addition to an oral hygiene strategy.
Many references talk about kibble cleaning a dog's teeth. This is simply not true. Consider giving your canine a "natural toothbrush" of raw bones every week to help maintain oral health and naturally scrape the teeth as your dog gnaws on the bones. Many experts feel that a raw meat diet is the best in terms of oral health. Talk to your butcher about raw bones for your dog. You can keep them in the freezer and even give them to your dog frozen to avoid any risk with bacteria. We recommend letting your dog chew these outside as they can be messy! Take them away after a couple hours and never give raw meat to your dog if it has been at room temperature long enough to spoil. Always give raw (uncooked) bones rather than leftover, cooked bones.
Can my dog take Healthy Gums with medications?
Use with caution in cardiac or kidney conditions or if taking steroids.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Healthy Gums comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Why choose Healthy Gums for your canine friend?
- Certified Organic and Ethically Wild-harvested: Our formulas are prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, including testing of all raw materials to confirm identification and purity.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the highest potency extract.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Healthy Gums is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who makes Healthy Gums?
Healthy Gums is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honoured, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer twice daily. Shake vigorously before use. Amount per application (approximate):
Under 10 lbs................. 3 - 4 drops
11l bs - 40 lbs................ 5 - 7 drops
Over 40 lbs.................... 8 - 10 drops
Using dropper, apply directly onto gums. Use only enough to sufficiently coat the gums.
Some people find it useful to apply gently and spread with a fingertip or cotton swab (Q-Tip) if the gums are not excessively inflamed. Be mindful not to cause added discomfort or pain during application as infected or inflamed gums can be extremely sensitive.
Avoid touching the dropper to infected areas to prevent contamination of the product.
Applications to the gums can be challenging but your pet will be glad you did.
Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing. Absorption of drugs may be delayed if taken at the same time.
Use with caution in cardiac or kidney conditions or if taking steroids. Excessive use may contribute to water retention or hypertension. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.